If you’re looking for mini cab car insurance you’re always going to want a policy that perfectly meets your needs. However, if you’re new to the area it can be difficult to know what to look for, so here are just a few things you be aware of when searching for your ideal policy.
• Level of cover. There are usually three levels of cover you can choose from – third party, third party fire and theft and comprehensive – and the one you choose will depend on your circumstances and budgetary restrictions. However, being in this industry means it’s often wise to go for the most comprehensive level of cover you can afford, because when you consider the amount of time you’ll be on the road you’ll soon see how beneficial it can be.
• Added extras. Any insurance policy will have the option of added extras and some will even include certain things as standard, but again the options you choose will all come down to individual choice. These extras can include things like breakdown assistance, windscreen cover, vehicle replacement and legal protection, but always check the small print for any exclusions.
• Discounts. You’ll want to make savings wherever you can and looking for added discounts can be a great way to do that – a lot of firms will offer things like no claims bonuses and discounts for arranging your policy online, so always see what’s out there before you make your decision.
• Named driver options. If you share your cab with members of your family or even with other drivers you might want to look into the possibility of having named drivers on your policy, so make sure to discuss the options with your potential insurer. But, bear in mind that some local authorities won’t allow unregistered individuals to drive a plated vehicle, so always check with them first.
• Social use. Most insurance policies will be able to cover you for both business and social/domestic use, so make sure this level of cover comes as standard.
These are just a few things you need to look for in any mini cab car insurance policy, and if you bear them in mind you’ll be able to find a policy that suits your precise needs so you’re ready for anything.