In the world of mini cab insurance, it’s important to be prepared. Being on the road so much means you’ll probably need a more comprehensive level of cover than if you were driving normally, and it’s often wise to look into the type of added extras that could be included in your policy. Here’s a quick overview of the most common options to see if they could be useful:
• Breakdown cover. Breakdown cover should always be considered as you don’t want to be left at the side of the road for too long if you’ve broken down or have had an accident. You could always pay for this separately, but it’ll invariably be cheaper to add it to your current policy.
• Windscreen cover. Another important consideration, particularly when you’re on the road so long. Chips are a common complaint of all drivers and can easily turn into something more serious, so having cover that can repair any chips and cracks with the least amount of fuss is essential.
• Personal accident cover. You never know what’s around the corner, and personal accident cover can give you additional peace of mind that everything is under control.
• Replacement vehicle cover. Your taxi is your livelihood so if it becomes unusable you’re going to want to get back on the road as quickly as possible, and by having replacement vehicle cover you’ll be earning money again before you know it.
• Legal and medical expenses cover. Because you’re transporting members of the public it’s important to take extra precautions. If they were to suffer from any injuries while in your care the costs could quickly add up, so always be prepared if you don’t want a nasty bill to come of it.
These are just a few optional extras available and the choice on offer will differ according to your chosen insurer, but the question is, do you really need them? It’s an incredibly personal decision and one that shouldn’t be taken lightly, but you could well find that they come in handy. Costs can quickly add up and having extra protection there could prove invaluable, so make sure to discuss your options with your insurer and you’ll have the mini cab insurance that’s perfect for you.