Multiple Driver Taxi Insurance
When insuring your vehicles you may wish to have more than one driver on the policy. When it comes to taxi insurance this is possible, just as with any other vehicle insurance. However, the premium will go up the more drivers you add to your policy, and there will be restrictions for all named drivers.
What All Drivers Will Need In Order to Get Taxi Insurance
When adding yourself and multiple drivers to the taxi insurance policy there are certain documents that will be required including details of your existing taxi insurance policy if you are switching insurers. You will also need your local authority driving license, showing that all drivers are registered to drive a taxi which requires additional documentation than simply a standard driving license.
- When it comes to checking each driver to be added to the policy, they will need to declare any driving convictions they have as well as giving details of any penalty points on their license.
- Drivers will also need to be a certain age to be added to a taxi insurance policy. For many policies drivers will need to be over 21 years of age, but for many they will need to be over 25.
- Insurance will cost more for the younger drivers than the older drivers that are added to the policy.
- Details of past claims will need to be provided for all drivers. If you have a proven no claims record then you will often find your insurance costs reduced. Some insurers will also transfer your no claims discount from your old policy to a new one.
- Each driver will also have to state how long they have been driving for, which will again make costs vary from driver to driver.
- Each driver will need a valid UK driving license.
What Does Multiple Drivers Insurance usually include?
Multiple drivers insurance simply extends the standard taxi insurance cover to more than one driver for a particular vehicle. This means that the policy can either be comprehensive, third party fire and theft, or third party only depending on your needs.
When it comes to choosing the best multiple drivers insurance you will need to talk to insurance companies direct as to the best option for your business. Policies necessarily differ between businesses such as private or public hire taxis.
Most insurance companies do offer insurance for multiple drivers. This will often prove cheaper for extra drivers you add, though it’s important to consider that costs vary according to the experience of the driver and past claims details.