No-one likes the thought of spending too much on taxi insurance, but you don’t want to sacrifice your level of cover either. Luckily you don’t have to, because there are plenty of ways that you can reduce your taxi insurance costs without having to settle for second best, and here are just a few of them.
• Research. Researching the area is essential, because how can you know what quotes are out there unless you spend the time to look? Never settle for the first quote because you’ll invariably be able to find better prices if you look around a bit, so always research the market thoroughly if you want to reduce your costs.
• Compare the options. Closely related to the above point, but performing comparisons is an essential step in the process. It can easily result in great savings, and if you head to specialist comparison sites you’ll find it easier still.
• Look for added discounts. Always spend the time to see if any additional discounts can be offered, as they’re not always easy to spot. Things like no claims bonuses are a given, but always look for things like new driver discounts and even discounts for arranging things online, because they could all keep your premiums down for more cash in your pocket.
• Take a look at your added extras. You don’t want to cut out any added extras if you think they’ll come in handy, but make sure to be ruthless if you want to save some extra cash.
• Increase your excess. This can be a great way to instantly reduce your premiums, and as long as you keep it realistic it can often be the perfect solution.
• Haggle. Far too few people consider the prospect of haggling, when in fact it can be one of the best ways to keep costs down. If you’ve found a better quote elsewhere then make sure to see if your current insurer can better it, because if you pit a few companies against each other you could easily make great savings.
These are just a few ways that you can reduce your taxi insurance costs, so make sure to bear them in mind and you could soon have the cover you need without the usual price tag.