Getting Southampton taxi insurance is an essential yet often costly business. In the current climate everyone wants to be paying as little as possible, so here are a few tips on how to reduce your taxi insurance Southampton premiums.
1. Drive safely. This is one of the best ways to reduce your premiums as fewer accidents will result in lower rates, and you can take advantage of it by cashing in your no claims discounts.
2. Increase your excess. A higher excess will result in lower premiums so this can be a great way to reduce the amount you pay every month. But, you still need to be realistic. Make sure that you can afford to pay the excess in the event of a claim, as if you can’t it defeats the object entirely.
3. Take out any extras you don’t think you’ll need. We all like to have extras with our Southampton taxi insurance, such as breakdown assistance if you’re stranded on the way to the University, but if you want to reduce your premiums make sure to cut back.
4. If you use your taxi as a private vehicle as well, take out car insurance with the same company or see if they can add private use onto your Southampton taxi insurance policy. Both of these will be much cheaper than getting separate insurance from different companies, and a lot of firms offer generous discounts for multiple policies.
5. Shop around. This is one of the most important tips to remember, as if you don’t shop around you can’t be sure that you’re getting the best deal. Don’t believe that your usual insurer will always give you the best rates, and when the time comes to set up your insurance again have a look around to see what other companies can offer.
These are just a few things that you might want to try to see if you can get lower Southampton taxi insurance, so don’t pay too much – always see how you can reduce your premiums to get the best value for money that you can.
|Private and public hire vehicles single or fleet cover, Bonus earning schemes available, 3, 6 and 12 month policies, Flexible Payment Options, Cover available nationwide, Minibuses, MPV and coach cover. £100 cashback or free breakdown for new customers! Terms and Conditions may apply.||Freephone Quoteline 0800 466 1989|